Friday, November 25, 2011

English Cocker Spaniel

A few days ago, I had an opportunity to photograph a friend's English Cocker Spaniel. It proved to be very interesting shoot indeed. I had my backdrop set up, props in place..now only one thing remains, to place the dog on in front of the white backdrop. It proved to be quite a challenge as all he wanted to do was to play and run around the garden but as you can see, he did finally decide to pose (with a little help from the owner) against a white backdrop. 
He just didn't  care and all he wanted to do was to play with the ball. So, I gave up on the backdrop and started taking photos around the garden. That made it a little easier to take the shots although not too easy. 


Eventually, after running after the ball, he decided to strike a pose. Lucky me.

















Getting him to smell the flower involves two people. One to photograph, one to entice. And he needed lots of enticement! 



A great shot of him, resting after a long day. It was a very hot day for all of us.

















He was such a great dog, nothing could distract him from squirrels from the garden. Not even a stuff toy on his back!

It was a good day. Yes it was hot, and it was especially hot for the Spaniel. He kept running back into the house and having lots of water. However, he kept returning to the garden, looking for squirrels. The shoot proved to be successful and thank you my friend for allowing me to take photos of your little one. 

These are only some of the shots I took on that day. There was a total of 111 shots. I can't possibly put in 111 shots in my blog. So I hope you enjoy looking at the shots as I enjoyed taking them. As a final photo, here he's smelling the flower. :) Finally. Till my next photo shoot, have a good day everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment